Many questions are manifested at the moment of beginning the task of painting the interior of the house. How to paint the house? Which painting to choose? What is the most beneficial method when preparing the surface? Below, we detail the mode of use of some of the most popular paintings and mention their advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages and disadvantages of certain paintings
- Plastic: They are paintings composed of synthetic resin that is diluted in water. It is advisable to use them on the walls of the home since their preparation requires only water, as well as the cleaning of utensils. They also dry quickly and are odorless.
- Varnishes: They are usually transparent; their most common application is on wood. Offers gloss, matte, and satin finishes. We also found varnishes with the incorporated ink and several terminations: chestnut, oak, mahogany, and walnut.
- Varnish for parquet: Its advantage is that they have high resistance to friction and wear, two common elements that are introduced during the tasks of DIY.
- Synthetic oils and greases: They are composed of resin and incorporate a part of the oil. They take longer than synthetics to dry.
- Synthetic enamels: They are made from resins; they need solvents for their dissolution and cleaning. They achieve brilliant finishes on the outside of the home and satin for interior decoration.
- Water enamels: They have water as a solvent; this produces a high shine. Nowadays, the resins used to make them are acrylics in liquid, because of this they are also called water-based acrylic enamels.
- Protectors for the wood: It is an article that protects the wood that is in the outside of the home. Its essential advantage is that it enters deeply into the wood, without creating a continuous layer.
- Chlorine rubber paints: They are made with a rubber resin, so they have a great firmness against water and hard substances such as acids. They are used as paints for industrial and sports structures, also for swimming pools. It dries very fast, and its dissolution and washing are with solvents.